Saturday, June 27, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 35 Weeks

35 Weeks!
I can't believe I'm only two weeks away from being considered full term!

Pregnancy Symptoms
My belly is starting to get pretty uncomfortable now. I still haven't felt any Braxton Hicks contractions (which is probably a good thing), but Tessa likes to push out a lot. When she does this, it makes my abdomen feel really tight.

Over the last week or so, I haven't really wanted to eat much. I still eat small meals and snacks as often as I can though, even if I'm not hungry. Oddly enough, the only time I've felt hungry recently is during the middle of the night. If this continues, I'll probably have to get some crackers or something to eat when I'm awake at that time.

I'm getting tired more quickly now, which is to be expected. Tasks that used to be nothing to me now seem more strenuous, and G has been very understanding. He's really great about noticing when I'm starting to lose energy, and he often encourages me to sit down and rest. He takes such good care of me.

A Few Thoughts
The GBS test results were negative at my appointment on Thursday, which is good. If Tessa decides to turn and I get to have her naturally, this means I won't need to be put on antibiotics (most of which I am allergic to anyway) when I arrive at the hospital. My OB seemed a little disheartened that Tessa is still breech, and she told me she feels like we need to schedule a cesarean soon. She assured me that although her only goals are a healthy mom and baby (which is what is most important to me as well), she understands my desire for a natural birth and said she wants that for me. She doesn't seem very confident about Tessa turning at this point though, and I think she's afraid of my cervix tearing if I suddenly go into labor. So unless Tessa has flipped by my perinatal appointment next week, she is going to try and schedule a cesarean for July 24. I'll be one day shy of 39 weeks on that day, and the hospital typically doesn't allow cesareans until 39 weeks. However, because of my unique situation and the danger of me going into labor while the cerclage is in and Tessa is breech, I am sure the hospital will allow it. If they don't for some reason, another doctor would probably have to perform the surgery because my OB will be out of town from 39-40 weeks. I asked what her thoughts were on an external cephalic version, and she said that although she does do them, she wouldn't recommend it for me. She said there is a risk in my case that the procedure could cause damage to the cervix, but recommended that I talk to the perinatologist and get his thoughts. He hasn't mentioned it as an option so far, but I do plan to ask him about it on Thursday. The success rate of an ECV is only 58%, and those odds aren't quite enough to quiet my doubts about trying that kind of procedure. I will certainly have a large list of things to ask him and discuss at the next appointment. Whether Tessa turns or not, it won't be much longer now until she joins us!

No comments:

Post a Comment