Saturday, June 6, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 32 Weeks

32 Weeks!
Another important pregnancy mile marker has been reached! Thank you, Lord.

Pregnancy Symptoms
It seems like one week I will get plenty of sleep, and the next week I won't get much at all. This week held very little sleep for me because of hourly trips to the bathroom, difficulty finding a comfortable position with this [seemingly] ginormous belly, and Tessa's really strong (and very uncomfortable) movements every night. It's not even her kicks and punches that hurt, but the random stretching and changing positions.

My belly was sort of tucked underneath the table during dinner last night, and Tessa chose that moment to push up and out (like she frequently does). As a result, I got wedged between my legs and the table, and had to pry myself out. Who gets their belly stuck under a table? Apparently me (and probably other pregnant women too)! Honestly though, that sounds like something that would happen to me when I'm not pregnant...

A Few Thoughts
I was really nervous about Thursday's perinatal appointment. Though I expected to learn that my cervix had continued to shorten, we found out that there had been no change since the last appointment! We were surprised and relieved. Tessa is still breech, but that wasn't news to me. I can tell by where she's kicking me that she hasn't moved yet. She seems content to stay in an upright position for the time being, though I am really hoping she turns before 36 weeks. The perinatologist said if she is still breech by then, we will schedule a C-section and my OB will monitor her weekly to see if she moves. If she turns before the scheduled surgery date, the perinatologist will take the cerclage out and things can progress normally. We're definitely hoping and praying that she turns, but even if she doesn't, I've decided not to get upset about it. At this point, I'll just be happy to have a healthy baby girl safely in my arms!

Tessa's nose and Angelina Jolie lips!
Tessa's little face (sideways)!
"Come, let us shout joyfully to the Lord, shout triumphantly to the rock of our salvation! Let us enter His presence with thanksgiving; let us shout triumphantly to Him in song. For the Lord is a great God, a great King above all gods. The depths of the earth are in His hand, and the mountain peaks are His. The sea is His; He made it. His hands formed the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord our Maker. For He is our God, and we are the people of His pasture, the sheep under His care..." -Psalm 95:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment