Saturday, May 2, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 27 Weeks

27 Weeks!
Only one week left in the second trimester!

Pregnancy Symptoms
From Sunday to Wednesday, my round ligaments were really sore. I think getting adjusted at the chiropractor on Tuesday really helped, because the next day I didn't notice as much pain. The rest of the week was relatively pain-free, which was nice.

Last night, after I had done a bunch of exercises from my birthing class, I felt Tessa change positions. She was definitely straight instead of sideways now (and has been for most of the day), though I don't know if she's breech or head down. Based on some of the movements I've been feeling today, I suspect that she's no longer breech (or at least on her way to being in the right position). Even G said my stomach felt different, so he could tell that she'd moved as well. If she is in a good position, I hope she settles down and stays there!

A Few Thoughts
Tessa's chances of survival if she were to be born this week are about 90%! There was no change in the cervix at my perinatal appointment on Thursday, so I don't believe she'll be making an appearance any time soon. The perinatologist said that I will probably only see him one more time before he takes the cerclage out, which is crazy to think about! He should be taking it out at 36-37 weeks, and he said if Tessa were to be breech when it's time to remove the cerclage, then he will leave it in and we'll discuss scheduling a C-section. He doesn't anticipate needing to though, so I'm hoping she moves into a good position soon (and stays there until it's time for her to come). We also got some new photos!



The glucose test at the OB's office was not a big deal, and I'm really glad I took the jelly beans instead of the sickeningly-sweet drink. I was told that I won't get a phone call if everything looks good, so if I haven't heard anything by my next update, then I'm probably don't have gestational diabetes. My OB moved my visits to every two weeks instead of four, so it seems like we're racing toward the finish line of this pregnancy! There are some very minor things we need to research and make a decision about that will take place at the next appointment (nothing to be concerned about), and I'm really asking the Lord to give us wisdom.

It's weird for me to think that about how if I carry Tessa to the full 40 weeks, then I only have 13 weeks left! And if she comes shortly after the cerclage comes out, then there are only 9-10 weeks left! Things really seem to be flying by now, and baby shower season is almost here. I think once the showers are over, it will really start to sink in that it will almost be time to have her with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment