Saturday, April 25, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 26 Weeks

26 weeks, and headed out for a walk before it rains!
I'm 26 weeks now, which means there are only two weeks left in the second trimester!

Pregnancy Symptoms
There aren't really any new symptoms to report on since last week's update. Tessa's movements continue to grow stronger and more frequent. She seems to settle down pretty well now when it's time for bed, so I'm hoping this means she'll have a natural sleeping schedule when she joins us on the outside. If I have to get up in the middle of the night then she'll wiggle for a little while, but it it's more like she's perturbed over losing her comfy spot!

A Few Thoughts
I can't believe I'm almost in the third trimester of this pregnancy! Lately it feels as though time has flown by, though it seemed to drag during the first trimester. Lord willing, we'll be bringing home our sweet girl from the hospital before too long (though hopefully not too soon). If Tessa were to be born this week, she would have an 80-90% chance of surviving!

G and I sat in what will be the nursery (after we move our stuff into the master bedroom) on Thursday night and planned out where furniture will go. I had a sudden urge to clean and organize random and insignificant parts of the house that day, so I may be starting to "nest." It's safe to say that we're both very excited!

This coming Thursday is the day I take my glucose tolerance test. Instead of doing the icky drink, my OB told me I can eat 18 classic Brach's jelly beans in five minutes or less. About an hour after I finish my last jelly bean, they will take some blood samples. If you think about it that day, please say a prayer for me! It would be great not to have to deal with gestational diabetes, and I don't know what to expect since I didn't get far enough along with Addie to be tested. I'm not worried about it though, because I know the Lord will walk us through whatever comes our way. The results probably won't be back for a few days, so I'm not sure whether or not I'll have that information by the next update, but we'll see!

I also have an appointment with the perinatologist on Thursday afternoon, so hopefully everything will still be looking good. Mom is going with me, so she will get to see Tessa on the screen again (it's been a while since she came with me to an appointment). We will probably get more pictures, too, since they give us some every time we go. I love getting to see her at my appointments!

No comments:

Post a Comment