Saturday, March 14, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 20 Weeks

20 weeks!
20 weeks, and no negative symptoms to report!

A Few Thoughts
It astounds me that I'm already half way (or possibly less, depending on when Baby Girl decides to come) through this pregnancy! It wasn't long ago that I was twenty weeks with Addie, and I'm only a few weeks away from entering new pregnancy territory (at least for me, since Addie came at 23 weeks). I'm expecting this to feel sort of like a first pregnancy before long, since I haven't finished a second trimester or experienced a third yet. I'm interested to see what these stages of pregnancy are like!

Occasionally this week I've felt just a little bit of round ligament pain, which is normal for this point in the pregnancy. I remember dealing with it around this time in my pregnancy with Adelyn as well. It only lasts for a few seconds, and is very mild, so I haven't been too uncomfortable. There was also a day this week after eating a meal that G laughed at me for having a little bit of a pregnancy waddle! Both of us think that I am showing more at 20 weeks with this baby than I was at 20 weeks with Addie. I certainly feel bigger this time around!

Tonight is our second Bradley birthing class, and everything is going well so far. There were a few awkward moments last week when we had to watch videos of labor and delivery, but we got through it without too much scarring! The exercises I've had to do are very low-impact, and have been really relaxing. Relaxation is a fundamental part of the Bradley method of child birthing, and I think I will see a big difference (for many reasons) between this labor and my labor with Addie. In addition to several new exercises, I've also had to keep close records of the food I eat with the goal of consuming at least 100g of protein daily. Although I did have to add a few more protein-packed snacks to my eating regimen, it hasn't been quite as challenging to meet that quota as I expected it would be.

Next Wednesday is the 20 week anatomy ultrasound with the perinatologist. He'll be examining Baby Girl closely from head to toe to check for abnormalities and take measurements. I'm curious to see what her weight and length will be. How funny would it be if I ended up with a big baby? That probably won't happen, but it's amusing to think about!


No comments:

Post a Comment