Saturday, February 21, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 17 Weeks

17 Weeks!
This update will be short, since there isn't much to report on. Here we go!

Fatigue: Mild
It doesn't seem that the progesterone injections have any physical effect on me, but Baby has been keeping me up at night with lots of kicking. He or she appears to be somewhat of a night owl so far (taking after G). I'm not a bit sorry, though!

Food Aversions, Cravings, and Nausea: None

A Few Thoughts
Baby movements are continuing to increase, which I treasure greatly. G and I finally decided between the two girl names we had picked out, so when we [hopefully] find out whether Baby is a boy or a girl next week, we'll be able to name him or her right away (even though the name will remain a secret until the birth). Although we will both be thrilled regardless of what the baby's sex is, it will be a little bit more special if we're having another girl because it would be like God is restoring what was lost (even though He is either way). I'm getting more and more excited the closer we get to the appointment. There are also some feelings of nervousness, because I don't know what my reaction to the good news will be (emotional, overjoyed, content, etc.). Regardless, I believe that it's going to be a great day.

G gave me my weekly progesterone injection yesterday. It was my second injection, but the first one he had done. There was no doubt in my mind that everything would go smoothly, and it did. In fact, my Honey did an even better job than the nurse who injected me the first time! There was no pain and no bruising, and my body didn't react negatively at all (no flushed face, no feelings of internal coldness or heat, no dizziness) - which is something that never happens now. All those years of giving injections to livestock really paid off!




No comments:

Post a Comment