Sunday, February 15, 2015

Second Pregnancy Update: 16 Weeks

16 Weeks!
Happy (late) Valentine's Day!

Fatigue: Mild
I've had a lot more energy this week!

Food Aversions: None

Cravings: None

Nausea: None

A Few Thoughts

It's been over a week since the cerclage procedure took place, and there haven't been any problems so far. We were concerned at first that one of the stitches had come loose, but found out that the perinatologist left some of the thread long on purpose to make the cerclage easy to remove later. Although I was initially a little bit sore and tired, I bounced back very quickly and now I feel great!

On Friday, G and I went into the OB's office so a nurse could show him how to administer the progesterone shots I'll be taking once a week. I was not looking forward to it at all. I have a vasovagal response to needles, which means I have to lay down when I have blood drawn or shots given to me or I will pass out. Fortunately, I have to be laying down to receive the progesterone shots anyway, so passing out isn't an issue. However, my body still reacts negatively even if I remain conscious. Typically my face will get very flushed, I will occasionally be very trembly (though that doesn't happen much now), and it feels like my blood runs cold even though my skin still feels warm. Anyway, when the nurse gave me the shot, G said my face immediately got red and blotchy, but it went back to normal after a few minutes. The experience wasn't as bad as I thought, and I'm not concerned about having to go through that every week. It did take me 30-45 minutes to feel myself again after we got home, but thankfully it doesn't look like I'm allergic to anything in the medicine. G will be giving me an injection every week until I reach 37 weeks (or until Baby is born - whichever comes first).

The baby bump was really showing on
Thursday night when G and I went to an
early Valentine's Day dinner together!
Today I registered for birthing classes with a lady who teaches The Bradley Method. The classes don't start until the 28th, but I'm really excited. These are the same classes I was getting ready to register for when I went into premature labor with Addie, and of course there was no need to take the classes then. I'm looking forward to having more laboring, breathing, and pain managing techniques to call upon when I go into labor with this baby!

Speaking of this baby, he or she has been very active this week! I've felt a couple of small movements a day for quite a while now, but over the last seven days there has been a significant increase in the frequency and intensity of baby wiggling. Baby kicks are some of the most amazing and wonderful things I've ever experienced, and not feeling them anymore was one of the hardest parts for me about losing Adelyn. God is good, and He has seen fit to bless us with that incredible feeling again. Lately, Baby White #2 has been kicking and squirming many times at all hours of the day. I don't even have to be sitting down in order to feel them! G can feel them too, and it never fails to bring a smile to both of our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment