Monday, September 8, 2014

Pregnancy Update: Week 21


This update is a little late, because G and I were in Destin with family all last week. It was such a wonderful trip! We both really needed to get away for a little while and recharge (especially the Hubby, because he's been working so hard lately).

21 weeks!
Baby Girl's movement picked up significantly while we were at the beach, which makes us think she's going to be a beach lover just like we are! Every day was filled with very strong movement, sometimes startling me because I was sure she would come busting out through my stomach at any moment. Both my aunt and uncle were able to feel her move, which was really cool. She's also started doing this really weird (yet awesome) thing where some part of her is really far forward and to one side, so that when I look down at my stomach, there is very obviously a baby part bulging out. It usually feels really hard when I put my hand there, and sometimes she starts wiggling as a result of the pressure.


Yesterday afternoon, I put on some music while G was working in the house. Not long after it started, Baby Girl began moving like crazy! She must have really liked what I was playing, and maybe that means we have a future piano player or ballet dancer. It was such a neat experience.

Women's Bible Study has started back up again at our church, and we're going through Spiritual Parenting by Michelle Anthony. Despite being one chapter into it, I'm already being challenged in a big way. Hubby and I read it together on vacation, and it really made me reevaluate how I've planned to parent until now. If you're a parent or grandparent (or will be soon), I highly recommend that book.

In other news, I'm pretty sure Baby Girl likes ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment